Its top imports are Refined Petroleum ($1.97B), Corn ($377M), Wheat ($248M), Ethers ($168M) and Rice ($164M). The top export destinations of Venezuela are the United States ($11.6B), China ($6.42B), India ($5.25B), Singapore ($1.25B) and Spain ($390M).
What is Venezuela’s main imports?
Venezuela main imports are: electronics (32 percent of total imports), chemical products (18 percent), agricultural products and livestock (11 percent), base metals (8 percent) and food, beverages and tobacco (6 percent).
What is Venezuela’s main export?
Exports The top exports of Venezuela are Crude Petroleum ($12.2B), Refined Petroleum ($761M), Acyclic Alcohols ($337M), Gold ($235M), and Iron Reductions ($161M), exporting mostly to India ($4.98B), China ($4.19B), United States ($1.82B), Spain ($821M), and Malaysia ($558M).
What are the products of Venezuela?
Natural resources: Petroleum, natural gas, coal, iron ore, gold, other minerals, hydroelectric power, bauxite. Agriculture (5% of GDP): Products–rice; coffee; corn; sugar; bananas; dairy, meat, and poultry products. Petroleum industry (25% of GDP): oil refining, petrochemicals.
What is Venezuela famous for?
It has the world’s largest known oil reserves and has been one of the world’s leading exporters of oil. Previously, the country was an underdeveloped exporter of agricultural commodities such as coffee and cocoa, but oil quickly came to dominate exports and government revenues.
What are 3 major industries in Venezuela?
The main industrial activities revolve around the petroleum sector – which is controlled by a State company, and represents the first natural wealth of the country. Additionally, other important industries are construction equipment, food, textile, iron, steel, aluminium and engine parts assembly.
What are the major resources of Venezuela?
Apart from petroleum, the country’s natural resources include natural gas, iron ore, gold, bauxite, diamonds and other minerals. The national currency is the bolivar. HE Nicolás Maduro Moros is the President of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and the country is a Founder Member of OPEC.
What does Venezuela export to the US?
Bilateral Trade by Products
In 2019, Venezuela exported $1.82B to United States. The main products exported from Venezuela to United States were Crude Petroleum ($1.26B), Refined Petroleum ($257M), and Processed Crustaceans ($44.5M).
What type of economy is Venezuela?
Venezuela has a largely command economy in which the central government directs the economy regarding the production and distribution of goods. Venezuela is a member of the Common Market of the South (Mercosur).
What is Venezuela known for food?
16 Most Popular and Traditional Venezuelan Foods You Should Try
- 1 – Pabellón criollo – Rice, plantain, beans, and beef. …
- 2 – Hallacas – Meat tamales. …
- 3 – Pan de jamón – Ham Bread. …
- 4 – Bollo pelón – Corn dough filled with beef stew. …
- 5 – Pisca Andina – egg and milk soup. …
- 6 – Patacón zuliano – Plantain filled with beef.
What are 3 things Venezuela is known for?
10 Fun Facts about Venezuela
- #1 Venezuela is home to the world’s largest rodent.
- #2 It’s a place where traditional toys get along with modern playing trinkets.
- #3 Colorful neighbors of Caracas.
- #4 It is a country where not all of the mountains have a peak.
- #5 Home to the world’s highest waterfall.
What are 3 interesting facts about Venezuela?
Fun Facts about Venezuela for Kids
- Population: 29 million people live in Venezuela (2021)
- Capital: Caracas with 3 million inhabitants.
- Name: Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
- Government: federal presidential republic.
- Official Language: Spanish.
- Religion: more than 95% are Christians.