South America is an incredible continent to travel around, and its amazing combination of unique landscapes, diverse cultures and delicious food are sure to leave any visitor wanting more.
Why is South America so special?
South America is a continent of extremes. It is home to the world’s largest river (the Amazon) as well as the world’s driest place (the Atacama Desert). With an unparalleled number of plant and animal species, South America’s rich biodiversity is unique among the world’s continents. …
What can tourists do in South America?
Top 10 South America Tourist Attractions You Have To See
- Machu Picchu, Peru. …
- Iguazu Falls, Argentina, and Brazil. …
- Galapagos Islands, Ecuador. …
- Sugarloaf Mountain, Brazil. …
- Christ the Redeemer statue, Brazil. …
- Amazon Rainforest. …
- Patagonia. …
- Cusco, Peru.
What is South America best known for?
South America is home to the world’s highest uninterrupted waterfall, Angel Falls in Venezuela; the highest single drop waterfall Kaieteur Falls in Guyana; the largest river by volume, the Amazon River; the longest mountain range, the Andes (whose highest mountain is Aconcagua at 6,962 m or 22,841 ft); the driest non- …
Why South America is the best continent?
This enormous continent comes complete with the longest mountain range in the world, the world’s largest river basin, the driest place on earth, the second largest river (after the Nile), and one of the greatest concentrations of biodiversity on our planet.
Why should you visit Latin America?
The lifestyle in Latin America is to appreciate a way of living that is far slower to that of most Western countries. The people of Latin America appreciate and celebrate their heritage. Festivals are commonplace with delicious Latin food, alcholic drinks, Latin music and dancing for all the family to enjoy.
What are 5 interesting facts about South America?
These fun facts about South America will give you a glimpse into a continent steeped in natural beauty and culture
- #1 The world’s second-largest swimming pool.
- #2 No doorbells in Paraguay.
- #3 The world’s longest mountain range.
- #4 The world’s largest salt flat.
- #5 12 countries but hundreds of languages.
What kind of place is South America?
South America, fourth largest of the world’s continents. It is the southern portion of the landmass generally referred to as the New World, the Western Hemisphere, or simply the Americas.
What is the best country to visit in South America?
Best Countries To Visit In South America
- Chile. Santiago. Patagonia. Atacama Desert.
- Ecuador. Galapagos Islands. Quito. Amazon.
- Argentina. Buenos Aires. Iguazu Falls.
- Brazil. Rio de Janeiro. Sao Paulo.
What’s the most visited country in South America?
International tourism, number of arrivals – Country Ranking – South America
What would you see in South America?
These are some of the best natural and manmade landmarks in South America to visit on your next journey to the Southern Hemisphere.
- Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. …
- Machu Picchu, Peru. …
- El Morro, Arica, Chile. …
- Casapueblo, Punta del Este, Uruguay. …
- Iguazú Falls, Argentina. …
- Ponta da Lagoinha, Buzios, Brazil.
What are 10 interesting facts about Latin America?
Did you know there are over 370 languages spoken throughout Latin America? We didn’t either.
- Over 90 uncontacted tribes lives in Latin America. …
- Eighty percent of people in Latin America reside in cities, making it the most urbanized region in the world.
- Mexico City sinks ten inches every year!
What makes South America?
The portions of the landmass that lie south of the Isthmus of Panama became known as South America. Today, South America is home to the citizens of Colombia, Venezuela, Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Uruguay, Argentina, the Falkland Islands, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, and Paraguay.
Did you know facts about South America?
General Facts about South America
- Total Population: 428 million people.
- Largest city: Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Life expectancy: 72 (males) 79 (females)
- Highest Mountain: Aconcagua (6962 meters above the sea)
- Land area: 17,840,000 square kilometers (6,890,000 square miles)
- Largest Lake: Lake Titicaca.
- Longest River: Amazon River.