What are the most important things in South America?
These are some of the best natural and manmade landmarks in South America to visit on your next journey to the Southern Hemisphere.
- Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. …
- Machu Picchu, Peru. …
- El Morro, Arica, Chile. …
- Casapueblo, Punta del Este, Uruguay. …
- Iguazú Falls, Argentina. …
- Ponta da Lagoinha, Buzios, Brazil.
What are 20 facts about South America?
General Facts about South America
- Total Population: 428 million people.
- Largest city: Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Life expectancy: 72 (males) 79 (females)
- Highest Mountain: Aconcagua (6962 meters above the sea)
- Land area: 17,840,000 square kilometers (6,890,000 square miles)
- Largest Lake: Lake Titicaca.
- Longest River: Amazon River.
What are 5 fun facts about South America?
These fun facts about South America will give you a glimpse into a continent steeped in natural beauty and culture
- #1 The world’s second-largest swimming pool.
- #2 No doorbells in Paraguay.
- #3 The world’s longest mountain range.
- #4 The world’s largest salt flat.
- #5 12 countries but hundreds of languages.
What is South America best known for?
South America is home to the world’s highest uninterrupted waterfall, Angel Falls in Venezuela; the highest single drop waterfall Kaieteur Falls in Guyana; the largest river by volume, the Amazon River; the longest mountain range, the Andes (whose highest mountain is Aconcagua at 6,962 m or 22,841 ft); the driest non- …
What is South America known as?
South America, fourth largest of the world’s continents. It is the southern portion of the landmass generally referred to as the New World, the Western Hemisphere, or simply the Americas.
What is South America like for kids?
The Amazon River runs through South America and is surrounded by the world’s largest rain forest. The continent has rain forests, deserts like the Atacama, the world’s driest desert, and the Andes, the world’s longest mountain range. There are glaciers in the south. South America is divided into 12 countries.
What is the culture of South America?
The culture of South America today stems from a diverse set of cultural traditions, dating back to those of pre-Columbian civilisations and indigenous tribes, which have mixed with those of African slaves as well as Asian and European immigrants. This vibrant and unique cultural mix is reflected… More…
What does South America consist of?
South America includes 12 countries and two non-sovereign entities: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Falkland Islands (United Kingdom), French Guiana (France), Guyana, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Why is South America so special?
South America is a continent of extremes. It is home to the world’s largest river (the Amazon) as well as the world’s driest place (the Atacama Desert). With an unparalleled number of plant and animal species, South America’s rich biodiversity is unique among the world’s continents. …
What is the biggest attraction in South America?
1. Machu Picchu, Peru. Machu Picchu is one of the most intriguing destinations on the planet and arguably the greatest of South America’s tourist attractions.
What is the climate in South America?
In general, the weather in South America is hot and humid. Countries in the Amazon baisn like Northern Brazil, Colombia, Peru, Ecuador and Venezuela have are dominated by rainforest and have consistent hot and humid weather year-round with high rainfall. … The climate in South America is much more volatile further south.